Monday, March 10

A week in the life of...

So, last week I completed a weeks worth of good old fashioned work experience at a solicitors' firm.

I thought I'd share my experiences on this lovely blog of mine for all you lovely people to read...

My first task was to find the place. With the help of Tom, this was pretty easy.

Once I got there, I wasn't (just) photocopying and making coffee for the boss. No. I was doing proper work. Like writing letters. I was also allowed to do briefs to counsel (I'm not really sure what this means myself, so don't ask because you will just be ignored). They even let me talk to their clients. I really enjoyed the work.

The solicitor I was working with was so nice. I wonder if all solicitors will be as nice as her...

Highlights included the fact that I got to be a witness to a will, which was pretty cool. Lunch was always nice, especially with nice cafes only a walk away.

Anyway, that's all I have to say. For now. But, I'm going to carry on volunteering there one day a week, so expect to see more posts on here about my experiences.

5 comments:

Atypical said...

I thought I'd share my experiences on this lovely blog of mine for all you lovely people to read...

do i detect a hint of sarcasm??:)

oo sounds interesting, are you going to be a solicitor then?
ooo i look forward to more posts

RoaR said...

Just a temporary measure: No, no sarcasm intended. Honest.
"Are you going to be a solicitor then?" No, I just thought I would volunteer at a solicitors for the fun of it. (Sarcasm intended):)

Atypical said...

lol haha touche my friend touche.....:)

RoaR said...

Glad you didn't get offended :)

Anonymous said...

how was the rest of this experiance?